The Good Shepherd Mission
The Good Shepherd mission is “Love-In-Action” and rests on the belief that “One person is more precious than a world.”
To create an atmosphere based on respect and caring which empowers the children we serve to reach their maximum potential for wholeness.
Good Shepherd services for adolescent children are designed:
- To cultivate a sense of achievement
- To encourage self-determination, problem-solving, decision-making, a sense of responsibility and service
- To strengthen interpersonal and family relationships
- To promote an understanding of moral and ethical values
Our Core Values
The passionate giving of our time and talents in the service of the welfare of others and the betterment of our world.
Acting with compassion and kindness, recognizing that all people sometimes find themselves in trouble, and need the support of others to be restored to physical, psychological, and spiritual health.
Working together in harmony, resolving conflicts, promoting open communication and assisting all in finding personal peace in their relationships with family and society.
Recognizing the value of each person and always treating everyone with respect.
- To nurture the human dignity, self-determination and uniqueness of each person.
- To adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional competence.
- To use the power of a healthy network of relationships as a means to create positive change.
- To create vistas of hope for change and growth for each person.
- To foster collaboration, networking and communication.
- To act with compassion, humility and fairness.
- To provide opportunities for others to reach full potential in the areas of social, emotional, intellectual, physical and spiritual growth and to come to wholeness.